Plot & Details
Directed by Mark Neale, Faster revolves around a world as competitive as it is dangerous: championship motorcycle racing. Filmed throughout the 2001 and 2002 seasons, the documentary delves into the 16 races held annually; these competitions culminate in the naming of a single champion. Like most extreme sports documentaries, Faster has more than its share of thrills, spills, crashes, slide-outs, and flips. The footage is supplemented, however, by interviews with racers including Australian veteran Garry McCoy, who had a titanium rod put in his leg only to crash shortly afterwards; the now-paralyzed former racer Wayne Rainey; hotshot American newcomer John Hopkins; and Italian rivals Valentino Rossi and Max Biaggi. Managers, mechanics, and doctors also offer insight regarding what makes championship motorcycle tournaments tick, and the borderline obsessive dedication needed to persevere within the sport.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/28/2004
- DVD Release Date: 11/30/2004
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Mark Neale
- Starring: Valentino Rossi , Mick Doohan , Kenny Roberts , Wayne Rainey , Loris Cpirossi
- Tone: Frantic,Rousing,Tense
- Keywords: behind-the-scenes, champion, motorcycle-racing, race [competition], rival, speed, sports-star
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-23-2004)
- Language: English