Plot & Details
Fatal Instinct is an Airplane-style spoof of the late-'80s, early-'90s cycle of erotic crime thrillers. Setting the plot in motion is a kinky murder. Armand Assante plays the cop assigned to the case; he's also the prosecuting attorney; the "Sharon Stone" part is essayed by Sean Young. A dash of Body Heat is thrown in the pot as Assante's wife Kate Nelligan plots her hubby's demise. Tony Randall has a bit as a judge, while the film's semi-mocking jazz score is provided by Clarence Clemmons -- who shows up on screen to toot his sax at various crucial plot junctures.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Foreign
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/15/1994
- DVD Release Date: 04/01/2003
- Director(s): Carl Reiner
- Starring: Armand Assante , Sherilyn Fenn , Kate Nelligan , Sean Young , Christopher McDonald
- Themes: Dangerous Attraction
- Tone: Deadpan,Easygoing,Goofy,Humorous,Silly
- Keywords: lawyer,love,love-triangle,murder,on-the-run,police,secretary
- Language: English