Plot & Details
What if Germany had won WW II and successfully taken over Europe? Based on a novel by Robert Harris, this compelling drama is set in just such a world, 30 years after the Germans defeated the Allies at Normandy on D-Day. By this time, the country is known as Germania and since the war it has been at odds with the United States. In hopes of bringing peace, the two government leaders, Hitler and president Joseph Kennedy Sr. are planning a historic summit in hopes of obtaining detente. It's a tense situation and matters are made worse when an SS detective and an American reporter begin investigating a series of murders. Together, they discover a horrible and long-suppressed secret: Hitler and his regime were responsible for the deaths of over six million Jews during the war. Armed with this damning information, the two must hurry to the summit to stop President Kennedy from making a terrible mistake.
- Genre(s): Drama,Science Fiction,Thriller
- Run Time: 89min.
- Director(s): Christopher Menaul
- Starring: Rutger Hauer , Miranda Richardson , Jean Marsh , Peter Vaughan , Michael Kitchen
- Themes: Future Dystopias,Political Corruption,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: Europe, Germany, Holocaust, alternate-reality, detective, reporter, summit-meeting