Plot & Details
The Queen Mother of all dirty words (as it was once described by Jean Shepherd) is examined through all its linguistic, sociological, legal, and ethical implications in this documentary. Filmmaker Steven Anderson interviews dozens of people about the history and function of "the F word," including language historians who have a hard time nailing down its origin, writers (including Hunter S. Thompson and Ben Bradlee) who talk about its role in literature and press freedom, comedians (among them Drew Carey, Janeane Garofalo, and Billy Connolly) who ponder its frequent presence in hipster humor, pop musicians (such as Ice-T, Pat Boone, and Alanis Morissette) who offer their theories about its role in contemporary culture, and social critics (including Michael Medved and Dennis Prager) who believe its currency is taking America into a dangerous place. F*ck also includes footage of famous figures caught using the word unexpectedly and animated sequences by Bill Plympton.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/10/2006
- DVD Release Date: 02/13/2007
- Distributor(s): ThinkFilm
- Director(s): Steve Anderson
- Starring: Reinhold Albert Aman , Steven Bochco , Pat Boone , Ben Bradlee , Drew Carey
- Tone: Biting,Easygoing,Quirky,Satirical,Humorous,Irreverent
- Keywords: controversial, culture [social culture], debate, linguistics, obscenity, pop-culture, speech, taboo
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-10-2006)
- Language: English