Plot & Details
In Fedora, Billy Wilder approaches Hollywood stardom in the same fashion as he did in Sunset Boulevard--with cynicism, regret, understanding, and awe. Fedora (Marthe Keller) is film's most intriguing movie queen. Rumored to be well into her sixties, the actress has remained a starlet for over four decades--retaining youth and radiance despite her advancing years. The mystery behind her numinous persona has never ceased to captivate audiences. Even now, as she lives in seclusion on the beautiful Greek island of Corfu, the public buzzes for her to return to the screen. When producer Barry Detweiler (William Holden) travels to Corfu, staking his faltering career on Fedora's return, he discovers the actress's tragic secret. Fedora's eternal loveliness may not be the result of defying her age, but of concealing her youth.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 113min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/03/2005
- Director(s): Billy Wilder
- Starring: William Holden , Hildegarde Neff , José Ferrer , Marthe Keller , Frances Sternhagen
- Themes: Work Ethics,All Washed Up,Filmmaking,Actor's Life,Haunted By the Past
- Tone: Understated,Autumnal,Cynical,Ironic,Melancholy,Moody,Reflective
- Keywords: actor, deception, filmmaker, hermit, impersonation, retirement, stars [celebrities], suicide, con/scam, film-director, film-producer, show-business
- Language: English