Plot & Details
A wide-open mind would be a real boon towards enjoying this adult-oriented, way off-beat documentary look into the shadowy world of professional dominatrices and the masochistic slaves who pay dearly to be abused, ridiculed and tortured. British documentary filmmaker Nick Broomfield directed and narrates; he spent two months in a Manhattan house of domination interviewing both the mistress' and their diverse clientele. Though relatively few in the US actually participate in S&M, it is an extremely lucrative business. Highlights include scenes where a retired bank manager allows himself to be photographed being led around naked on all fours with a dog collar on his neck, a Wall Street Stock Broker with a thing for rubber and an interview with Pandora, the meanest mistress in the company. Pandora sleeps with Spike, an ill-tempered giant iguana. While Pandora complains that her scaly companion has recently frightened away any prospective lovers, Spike punctuates that by biting the cameraman Christopher Lanzenberg.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/09/1997
- DVD Release Date: 02/16/1999
- Director(s): Nick Broomfield
- Themes: Class Differences,Voyeurs,Infidelity,Prostitutes
- Tone: Confrontational,Deadpan,Humorous,Irreverent,Matter-of-Fact,Racy,Witty,Ironic
- Keywords: domination [sexual], investigation, masochism, sex, sexual-deviation, slavery
- Language: English