Plot & Details
In this teenage horror film, a young man avoids the hand of death, only to find that he can't get away from it so easily. On the way to Paris with his high-school French club, Alex Browning (Devon Sawa) has a vivid premonition of the plane crashing and killing all its passengers. After Alex and some other passengers demand to be let off the flight, his premonition turns out to be true, and the jet explodes during takeoff. While the FBI is convinced that Alex was involved in some kind of foul play, the passengers who got off the flight are all dying in horrible ways, as if whoever determined that the passengers would perish is punishing those who cheated death. Final Destination marked the feature directorial debut of James Wong, a producer and director for the TV series The X Files.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Action
- Run Time: 95min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/17/2000
- DVD Release Date: 09/26/2000
- Distributor(s): New Line
- Director(s): James Wong
- Starring: Devon Sawa , Amanda Detmer , Chad E. Donella , Ali Larter , Daniel Roebuck
- Themes: Race Against Time,Psychic Abilities
- Tone: Creepy,Menacing,Paranoid,Visceral
- Keywords: accident,aircraft,classmate,crash,death,investigation,premonition,trip
- Country of Origin: USA (03-17-2000)
- Language: English