Plot & Details
Producer/director/star Clint Eastwood takes his sweet time getting Firefox started. Eastwood plays Mitchell Gant, a past-his-prime U.S. pilot, smuggled into the Soviet Union to steal a new Russian supersonic fighting plane. Fortunately the KGB men are as burnt out as Gant, enabling him to abscond with the plane with the greatest of ease. The rest of the film is a protracted chase, pitting Gant against scores of impersonal MIG pilots. Based on a novel by Craig Thomas.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Action
- Run Time: 137min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/01/2002
- Director(s): Clint Eastwood
- Starring: Clint Eastwood , Freddie Jones , David Huffman , Warren Clarke , Ronald Lacey
- Themes: Lone Wolves,Heroic Mission,Behind the Iron Curtain
- Tone: Confrontational,Paranoid,Rousing,Visceral,Tense
- Keywords: Cold-War, KGB, barnstorming, chase, experiment, aerial, behind-enemy-lines, espionage, one-against-odds, war
- Language: English