Plot & Details
This beautifully photographed documentary is Spanish-filmmaker Carlos Saura's tribute to the beauty and diversity of Spain's national dance. Using only the minimalist setting of an abandoned Seville train station and the costumes of more than 300 performers, this is a veritable feast of exciting flamenco dances, songs, and guitar playing. Some of the better known artists include Paco de Lucia, Manolo Sanlucar, and Lole Manuel. The film features little dialogue, relying instead on visual pageantry, music and costumes.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/25/1997
- DVD Release Date: 12/02/2003
- Director(s): Carlos Saura
- Tone: Atmospheric,Lyrical,Passionate,Rousing,Sweeping
- Keywords: dance [art], train-station, Latin-dance, Spain, flamenco, guitar
- Country of Origin: USA (zz-zz-1997)
- Language: Spanish