Plot & Details
Australian filmmaker John Duigan followed up his captivating The Year My Voice Broke with Flirting. Noah Taylor repeats his "Danny" characterization from the earlier film, while Thandie Newton plays a Ugandan exchange student who attends an Australian girls boarding school. Billeted at a nearby boy's school, Danny finds himself falling in love with Newton, though he is frequently at a loss as to how to express himself. Flirting is the second in a proposed trilogy of John Duigan-directed films revolving around Danny's "awkward" years. Featured in the cast as one of Newton's schoolmates is Nicole Kidman.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Foreign,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/16/1992
- DVD Release Date: 09/17/2002
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.-Roadshow
- Director(s): John Duigan
- Starring: Noah Taylor , Thandie Newton , Nicole Kidman , Bartholomew Rose , Felix Nobis
- Themes: Boarding School Life,Teen Angst,First Love,Interracial/Cross-Cultural Romance
- Tone: Affectionate,Wry,Nostalgic,Understated,Wistful,Witty,Bittersweet
- Keywords: Australia,boarding-school,boxing,boy,coming-of-age,cross-cultural-relations,diplomat,first-love,love,self-discovery,teenagers
- Country of Origin: USA (11-06-1992)
- Language: English