Plot & Details
A tough, bitter fugitive's travels lead him to a grungy rundown oil town. There the transient is taken in by an oil-rigger who gives him a job working a well. They must work double-quick for the well's lease is due to expire. Unfortunately, they become so focused on striking oil quickly, they forget about safety and several men are hurt. Meanwhile the kindly crew boss and the fugitive vie for the affections of a life-hardened woman until tragedy strikes the supervisor. Suddenly the fugitive must take on the responsibility of reaching the oil. In so doing, he makes some important decisions about taking responsibility for his actions as well.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Foreign
- Run Time: 82min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/12/1995
- Director(s): Alfred E. Green
- Starring: John Garfield , Frances Farmer , Pat O'Brien , Raymond Walburn , Cliff Edwards
- Themes: Race Against Time,Love Triangles,Redemption
- Tone: Tense
- Keywords: accident, drifter, drilling, employment, farming, foreman, gold, killing, oil, town, business, fire, love-triangle, oil-field, oil-rig, on-the-run, rival