Plot & Details
Though there are several actors in Fool for Love, two share the majority of screen time: Sam Shepard as Eddie, and Kim Basinger as May. May toils away at a fleabag motel; Eddie is her former love, long absent. Unexpectedly re-entering May's life, Eddie picks up where he left off, and soon the couple is alternately bickering violently and making love with equal fervor. Peripheral characters include Harry Dean Stanton as a boozed-up bum, Martha Crawford as an aristocratic would-be murderer, and Randy Quaid as the current man in the heroine's life. This one-two punch of iconoclastic playwright Sam Shepard and unconventional director Robert Altman proved a failure at the box-office and with critics.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/26/2005
- DVD Release Date: 04/20/2004
- Distributor(s): Cannon Releasing
- Director(s): Robert Altman
- Starring: Sam Shepard , Kim Basinger , Harry Dean Stanton , Randy Quaid , Martha Crawford
- Themes: Sibling Relationships,Dangerous Attraction,Self-Destructive Romance
- Tone: Deliberate,Downbeat,Dreamlike,Talky,Moody
- Keywords: aristocrat, drifter, drunk, ex-lover, love-triangle, motel
- Country of Origin: USA (12-06-1985)
- Language: English