Plot & Details
The sixth entry in Hammer Films' Frankenstein series, this film finds Baron Frankenstein (Peter Cushing) in charge of a lunatic asylum. When young doctor Simon Helder (Shane Bryant) is institutionalized for attempting to create synthetic life, Frankenstein is delighted: now he'll have an assistant for his own diabolical experiments. This time out, the monster is played by David Prowse, who later went on to international fame as Darth Vader in Star Wars (though of course Vader's voice was provided by James Earl Jones). A new wrinkle to the old story is the Monster's cannibalistic tendencies, allowing for a number of gruesome, gore-encrusted horror highlights.
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 93min.
- DVD Release Date: 10/21/2003
- Director(s): Terence Fisher
- Starring: Peter Cushing , Shane Briant , Madeleine Smith
- Themes: Experiments Gone Awry,Mad Scientists
- Tone: Creepy,Disturbing,Goth,Grim,Moody
- Keywords: cannibal, corpse, criminal, disfigurement, experiment, mental-institution, reanimation, revenge, Frankenstein, body-parts, electrical-storm, mad-scientist, monster, murder, rampage