Plot & Details
Jacqueline McKenzie stars in this bleak, ambitious character portrait. Kicked out of her home by her loutish, abusive boyfriend, Penny (McKenzie) tries desperately to ingratiate herself back into his favor. In her pathetic efforts to debase herself, she makes all the wrong choices, including a half-hearted attempt to sacrifice her dog and kill her son.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Drama
- Run Time: 84min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 12/12/2004
- Director(s): Mary Kuryla
- Starring: Jacqueline McKenzie , Aida Turturro , John Carroll Lynch , Jacob Chase , Jerry Adler
- Themes: Down on Their Luck,Self-Destructive Romance,Mothers and Sons
- Tone: Bleak,Gritty,Frantic,Tense
- Keywords: homeless, abuse, alcoholism, dog, domestic-violence, homelessness, mother, son
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (02-02-2005)
- Language: English