Plot & Details
A teenage horror film addict is shocked to discover that his new next-door neighbor is a vampire in this delightful mix of horror and comedy. The problems only grow for young Charley Brewster (William Ragsdale) when he expresses his thoughts about fanged new neighbor Jerry Dandridge (Chris Sarandon). His girlfriend, Amy (Amanda Bearse), thinks Charley is avoiding their relationship issues, his single mom thinks Dandridge (Chris Sarandon) could be a potential boyfriend, and his buddy "Evil" (Stephen Geoffreys) just thinks Charley's losing it. Worst of all, Dandridge and his nasty assistant, Billy Cole (Jonathan Stark), are on to Charley's wild notions -- and have plans to pay him a late-night visit to silence him. With no one to help him, Charley turns to the one man he knows has faced the wrath of the undead and lived, the fearless vampire killer Peter Vincent (Roddy McDowall). A washed-up actor who has just been fired from his job as the host of a late-night horror show, Vincent is not about to believe in the rantings of an impressionable teen. However, lured by Amy's cash offer, he agrees to help her convince Charley that Dandridge isn't a vampire. There is just one problem: Dandridge is a vampire and when Amy falls under his evil spell, its up Charley and Peter to drive a stake through their potential romance.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 106min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/26/2000
- DVD Release Date: 09/07/1999
- Director(s): Tom Holland
- Starring: Chris Sarandon , William Ragsdale , Amanda Bearse , Roddy McDowall , Stephen Geoffreys
- Themes: Vampires,Voyeurs,Amateur Sleuths
- Tone: Paranoid,Tense,Menacing,Stylized,Flashy,Campy,Creepy
- Keywords: TV-show-host, bloodsucker, haunted-house, house, love, monster, sexuality, small-town, suburbs, undead, vampire
- Country of Origin: USA (zz-zz-2011)
- Language: English