Plot & Details
Written by playwright Bill Bozzone, Full Moon in Blue Water stars Gene Hackman as Floyd, the owner of a small bar in a coastal Texas town. Floyd's emotional baggage is awesome: he has never recovered from the death of his wife, he is saddled with his senile father "The General" (Burgess Meredith), and creditors hound him at his fireside. Good-hearted bus driver Louise (Teri Garr) tries her best to offer moral and financial support, as does Floyd's right-hand man, former mental patient Jimmy (Elias Koteas). Strange and unexpected events follow, the upshot of which may leave Floyd even worse off than before.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 96min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/23/1988
- DVD Release Date: 04/16/2002
- Distributor(s): Trans World Entertainment
- Director(s): Peter Masterson
- Starring: Gene Hackman , Teri Garr , Burgess Meredith , Elias Koteas , Kevin Cooney
- Themes: Fathers and Sons,Death of a Partner
- Tone: Bittersweet,Poignant,Tense
- Keywords: bar [pub], foreclosure, handicap, romance, wheelchair, widow/widower, bus-driver, claim-jumpers, family, love, stroke [medical]
- Country of Origin: USA (11-23-1988)
- Language: English