Plot & Details
American independent filmmaker Andrew Bujalski makes his feature debut as a writer/director with the microbudgeted Funny Ha Ha. Shot on-location in Boston on 16 mm film, the movie is predominately cast with unprofessional actors engaging in realistic discourse. Main character Marnie is played by first-time actress Kate Dollenmayer, a student at CalArts who previously worked on Richard Linklater's Waking Life. Marnie goes about her everyday life with a conflicted love for her friend Alex (Christian Rudder) and a dispassionate attitude toward her job as a temp office worker. While at work she meets the nervous Mitchell, played by the director. Funny Ha Ha was shown at the 2003 IFP Los Angeles Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama,Romance
- Run Time: 89min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/29/2005
- DVD Release Date: 08/16/2005
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Andrew Bujalski
- Starring: Kate Dollenmayer , Christian Rudder , Myles Paige , Jennifer L. Schaper , Lissa Patton Rudder
- Themes: Looking For Love,Twentysomething Life
- Tone: Affectionate,Bittersweet,Easygoing,Talky,Wry,Understated
- Keywords: anxiety,dating,friendship,graduate-student,neurotic,office-worker,research
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-29-2005)
- Language: English