Plot & Details
Armistead Maupin's colorful saga of life in San Francisco in the 1970s continues in this miniseries, the third following the characters of his serialized novel Tales of the City, which follows the story into 1981. After his relationship with Jon Fielding (Bill Campbell) comes to an end, Michael Tolliver (Paul Hopkins) throws himself back into dating, while Prue Giroux (Mary Kay Place) finds herself in a similar situation after her divorce. Mary Ann Singleton (Laura Linney) finds that moving ahead in her career in local television is an uphill battle, while her boyfriend Brian Hawkins (Whip Hubley) is feeling the strain of adjusting to his new job while staying faithful to Mary Ann. And DeDe (Barbara Garrick) has some startling news for Mary Ann that could have a major impact on her life. Produced for the Showtime premium cable network, Further Tales of the City also stars Olympia Dukakis, Bruce McCulloch, Henry Czerny, Sandra Oh, Parker Posey, Scott Thompson, and Joel Grey.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 240min.
- DVD Release Date: 09/17/2002
- Director(s): Pierre Gang
- Starring: Olympia Dukakis , Paul Hopkins , Laura Linney , Barbara Garrick , Jackie Burroughs
- Themes: Bohemian Life,Playing the Field,Looking For Love
- Tone: Bittersweet,Intimate,Literate,Witty
- Keywords: dating, divorce, homosexual, life, love, relationship, television
- Language: English