Plot & Details
This follow-up to the successful 1973 thriller Westworld stars Peter Fonda and Blythe Danner as Chuck Browning and Tracy Ballard, investigative reporters. The team has been dispatched to the expensive theme park Westworld on the remote island of Delos, to find out what caused the park's robots to go berserk and begin killing the cash customers. They discover that Duffy (Arthur Hill), creator of Westworld, has retooled his park into Futureworld, a supposedly "fail safe" recreational mecca. In truth, he is scheming to replace all of the world leaders with robot clones, the better to take over the globe. Yul Brynner, the steely-eyed cowboy android from Westworld, makes a brief return appearance.
- Genre(s): Action,Science Fiction
- Run Time: 107min.
- Director(s): Richard T. Heffron
- Starring: Peter Fonda , Blythe Danner , Arthur Hill , Yul Brynner , Jim Antonio
- Themes: Future Dystopias,Technology Run Amok,Robots and Androids
- Tone: Claustrophobic,Ominous,Stylized
- Keywords: amusement-park, android, conspiracy, disguise, journalism, vacation, clone, killler-robot, machine, rampage, technology, world-leader