Plot & Details
Fuzz treads the line between raucous comedy and gut-churning melodrama. Based on an "87th Precinct" novel by Ed McBain (aka Evan Hunter), the film stars Burt Reynolds and Jack Weston as, respectively, detectives Steve Carella and Meyer Meyer. Their current assignment is to bring in Deaf Man (Yul Brynner), a mad bomber who has been targeting politicians. A subplot concerning a couple of punks who get their kicks by setting fire to sleeping winos is dramatically justified by the main storyline, but it was this element that caused a lot of trouble for the producers of Fuzz when a pair of real-life teenagers decided to imitate the film. On a lighter note, Raquel Welch co-stars as Detective Eileen McHenry, who is obliged to go undercover -- and under covers -- with fellow officer Bert Kling (Tom Skerritt). And as a bonus, viewers are treated to Burt Reynolds' first "drag" scene.
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 92min.
- DVD Release Date: 02/06/2001
- Director(s): Richard A. Colla
- Starring: Burt Reynolds , Jack Weston , Tom Skerritt , Yul Brynner , Raquel Welch
- Themes: Going Undercover,Rogue Cops,Fighting the System
- Tone: Cynical,Easygoing,Gritty,Humorous,Irreverent
- Keywords: investigator, killing, politician, promiscuity, undercover, bomb, cop-killer, family, police, robbery, suicide, suicide-attempt
- Language: English