Plot & Details
Mexican filmmaker Juan Carlos Martin makes his directorial debut with this documentary about Mexican conceptual artist Gabriel Orozco. Shot with various formats, including digital video, black-and-white 16 mm, and color film stocks, the film features Martin accompanying Orozco to several cities and galleries for exhibitions and philosophical conversation. They travel to Paris, Oaxaca, Frankfurt, and finally to his first solo show in Mexico City in 2000. The artist offers up plenty of opinion and insight on his background as a painter and his thoughts on the creative process. Martin captures some of his collection techniques with found objects and readymades, with special consideration given to the creation of his reconstructed Citroën automobile. Gabriel Orozco features interviews with curator Hans Ulrich Obrist and video artist Steve McQueen, along with original music from Manuel Rocha and the trance band Tosca Tango Orchestra.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Art and Experimental,Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 78min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/10/2005
- Director(s): Juan Carlos Martin
- Starring: Gabriel Orozco , Pablo Soler Frost , Ann Temkin , Kasper Konig , Marian Goodman
- Themes: Life in the Arts
- Keywords: Mexican [nationality], artist, conceptual-art, conversation, exhibit, painting
- Language: English,French,Spanish