Plot & Details
Based on Elizabeth Jane Howard's novel, Getting It Right this charming comedy follows the story of Gavin Lamb (Jesse Birdsall), a 31 year-old virgin who is terrified with women and still lives with his parents. Nevertheless, he becomes the subject of desire for a variety of women, including a single mother (Jane Horrocks), a wealthy pregnant girl (Helen Bonham Carter) and a middle-aged socialite (Lynn Redgrave). Gavin eventually finds love with one of the three women in this engaging, low-key romantic comedy.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/05/1989
- Distributor(s): MCEG Productions
- Director(s): Randal Kleiser
- Starring: Jesse Birdsall , Helena Bonham Carter , Peter Cook , Lynn Redgrave , Jane Horrocks
- Themes: Age Disparity Romance,First Love,Sexual Awakening
- Tone: Easygoing,Gentle,Humorous,Warm,Wry
- Keywords: extramarital-affair, homosexual, love, purity, romance, hairdresser, love-affair, sexual-awakening, virgin, women
- Country of Origin: USA (05-05-1989)
- Language: English