Plot & Details
This second film in the "Gidget" series stars Deborah Walley as Francie Lawrence, better known as Gidget. After being disappointed in love by surfin' dude Moondoggie (James Darren), Gidge joins her parents (Carl Reiner, Jeff Donnell) on a Hawaiian vacation. Complications ensue when Moondoggie likewise arrives in the islands, only to find Gidget "that way" about local beach stud Eddie Horner (Michael Callan). In general, Gidget Goes Hawaiian isn't up to the standards of the original Gidget, though there are a few bright moments, including a satiric dream sequence. Once more, the film proved successful at the box office, spawning even more sequels and no fewer than two weekly TV series.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 102min.
- Distributor(s): Columbia Pictures
- Director(s): Paul Wendkos
- Starring: James Darren , Michael Callan , Deborah Walley , Carl Reiner , Peggy Cass
- Themes: Vacation Romances
- Keywords: island, romance, vacation, beach-party, coming-of-age, girl, sports, surfing, teenagers