Plot & Details
In the generic Canadian suburb of Bailey Downs live Ginger (Katharine Isabelle) and Brigitte (Emily Perkins), 15-year-old sisters committed to introversion, menstruation anxiety, and terminal misanthropy. Three years late for their first period, they spend their time staging gruesome death scenes for their own amusement, amidst the willful ignorance of their relentlessly perky mother (Mimi Rogers). On the night Ginger finally gets her period, the sisters are attacked in the woods by a ferocious creature that may have some connection to "The Beast of Bailey Downs," a predator currently disemboweling its way through the local dog population. The girls survive the attack, and Ginger's wounds heal quickly, but her attitude grows even more bizarre, as hair sprouts from her scars and a tail grows from her spine. Adding to the terror, she starts dating boys. A panicked Brigitte forces herself to befriend Sam (Kris Lemche), the high school pot supplier, whose brand of ganja may be the only cure for Ginger's troubling ailment.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/26/2001
- DVD Release Date: 10/23/2001
- Distributor(s): TVA International
- Director(s): John Fawcett
- Starring: Emily Perkins , Katharine Isabelle , Kristopher Lemche , Mimi Rogers , Jesse Moss
- Themes: Suburban Dysfunction,Werewolves
- Tone: Angry,Creepy,Menacing,Satirical,Sexual,Visceral
- Keywords: attack,creature,dog,menstruation,mother,puberty,serum,sister,werewolf
- Language: English