Plot & Details
No relation to the 1935 Mascot programmer of the same name, Girls Demand Excitement offers an early starring appearance by John Wayne. The Duke is cast as college basketball player Peter Brooks, who's in love with sports-happy Joan Madison (Virginia Cherrill). Their hot-and-cold relationship culminates in a boys-against-the-girls basketball match, a scene only slightly less ridiculous than an early sequence in which a bunch of sexually integrated psychology students are assigned to test the "emotional reaction" to a group necking session! Evidently designed as a musical, Girls Demand Excitement contains no songs whatsoever, robbing future generations of the spectacle of John Wayne serenading his lady love. With films like these, it's no wonder that Wayne had to start his career all over again in cheap westerns.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 64min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/13/2006
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): Seymour Felix
- Starring: Virginia Cherrill , John Wayne , Marguerite Churchill , Helen Jerome Eddy , Marion Byron
- Themes: Basketball Players,College Life,Battle of the Sexes
- Keywords: basketball, battle-of-the-sexes, college, psychological-experiment