Plot & Details
After September 11, 2001, when terrorist attacks leveled New York City's World Trade Center towers, mayor Rudolph Giuliani's public bravery and pluck in the midst of his city's greatest crisis made him a hero across the country and around the world. However, while Giuliani's actions after 9/11 made him seem like a champion, there has been significantly less attention paid to his record before the attacks. Documentary filmmaker Kevin Keating focuses on Giuliani's early years in politics, his often controversial and uncharitable stands on civil rights, social services, education, and law enforcement, and his political ambitions after leaving the mayor's office in Giuliani Time. Featuring newsreel footage and extensive interviews with political analysts and people who worked with Giuliani, the film offers an overview of the totality of the former mayor's career than has been absent in most recent profiles of his life.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary
- Run Time: 118min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 05/12/2006
- DVD Release Date: 01/30/2007
- Distributor(s): Cinema Libre
- Director(s): Kevin Keating
- Starring: Wayne Barrett , Peter King , Gerald Lefcourt , Arthur Helton , David Dinkins Jr.
- Themes: Rise To Power
- Keywords: Republican-Party, September 11th, ambition, behind-the-scenes, big-city, conservatism, controversial, mayor, political-power, popularity, public-policy
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (05-12-2006)
- Language: English