David Mamet's award-winning play about a group of desperate real estate agents comes to the big screen from director James Foley. In a role created specifically for the movie, Alec Baldwin appears as a sales motivator, informing the group of hard-luck salesmen that they must compete in a sales contest where the losers will be fired. The agents work their same tired leads, until one hatches a scheme to burglarize the office, steal the leads, and sell them to a rival. Featuring a cast that includes Al Pacino as the office's sales leader, Jack Lemmon as an elderly loser, Alan Arkin and Ed Harris as frustrated salesmen, Kevin Spacey as the harassed office manager, and Jonathan Pryce as a client, Glengarry Glen Ross is, at its core, a character study about a group of men whose time has passed.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Drama,Foreign
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/22/1992
- DVD Release Date: 11/19/2002
- Distributor(s): New Line Cinema
- Themes: Boss from Hell,Fired or Laid-Off,Down on Their Luck,Work Ethics
- Tone: Angry,Satirical,Biting,Claustrophobic,Confrontational,Cynical,Talky,Literate
boss [employer], burglary, contest, manager, manipulation, office, real-estate, salesperson
- Country of Origin: USA (09-30-1992)
- Language: English