Plot & Details
Those beautiful Busby Berkeley babes are back at work, seeking financial backing for a Broadway show. Salvation comes from a meek hypochondriac (Victor Moore) who'd rather the girls get his insurance money than his murderous business partners. Dick Powell isn't the male star of the show, but does show up as a glib insurance agent. A lesser but still enjoyable entry in Warners' Gold Diggers musical series, Gold Diggers of 1937 is very much a mixed bag. For every topnotch number like "With Plenty of Money and You," there's an excruciating experience like the "military" finale "All's Fair in Love and War."
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Family,Musicals
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/03/2005
- DVD Release Date: 09/16/2008
- Distributor(s): Warner Brothers
- Director(s): Lloyd Bacon
- Starring: Dick Powell , Joan Blondell , Victor Moore , Glenda Farrell , Lee Dixon
- Themes: Dancer's Life
- Keywords: Broadway, finances, hypochondriac, insurance, insurance-agent, money, showgirl
- Language: English