Plot & Details
Gaylord Films producer Casey La Scala makes his directorial debut with the teen comedy Grind. Just before entering college, young skateboarder Eric Rivers (Mike Vogel) decides to take a road trip from Chicago to California with his smart friend Dustin (Adam Brody) and his wacky friend Matt (Vince Vieluf). Despite their underdog status, they intend to make it big in the world of skateboarding in the wake of legendary touring skater Jimmy Wilson (Jason London). They end up recruiting a fourth team member named Sweet Lou (Joey Kern) as Eric romances the film's token attractive female Jamie (Jennifer Morrison). Grind also features appearances by real-life pro skaters like Bam Margera, along with an energetic pop/rock soundtrack.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Action,Comedy
- Run Time: 105min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/15/2003
- DVD Release Date: 01/27/2004
- Distributor(s): Warner Bros.
- Director(s): Casey La Scala
- Starring: Colin McKay , Mike Vogel , Vince Vieluf , Adam Brody , Joey Kern
- Themes: Twentysomething Life,Underdogs
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Merry,Flashy,Upbeat,Light,Slick
- Keywords: college-student,friendship,road-trip,skateboarding,underdog
- Country of Origin: USA (08-15-2003)
- Language: English