Plot & Details
Based on a true story, the made-for-cable Guilt by Association was the first "original" movie to be presented by the Court TV network. Mercedes Ruehl stars as Susan Walker, a widowed nurse with two kids and a disreputable boyfriend named Russell (Alex Carter). Unbeknownst to Susan, Russell has been dealing drugs for quite some time, and when the cops close in, he claims that Susan has been his accomplice all along. Though totally innocent, Susan is condemned by her previous actions, which circumstantially put her in the thick of Russell's criminal activities. Thanks to the government's 1986 "mandatory sentencing" law, Susan is sentenced to 20 years in prison, without hope for early parole. As her sister Angie (Alberta Watson) looks after the children, Susan fights a long and frustrating battle to secure her freedom, clear her name, and prevent her loved ones from suffering any further anguish. Guilt by Association was originally broadcast on March 13, 2002.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 86min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/22/2005
- Distributor(s): Court TV
- Director(s): Graeme Campbell
- Starring: Mercedes Ruehl , Alex Carter , Alberta Watson
- Themes: Miscarriage of Justice,Clearing One's Name
- Tone: Earnest
- Keywords: boyfriend, evidence-circumstantial, justice, mother, nurse
- Language: English