Plot & Details
Blood may be thicker than water, but it doesn't hold a candle to hairspray, as we learn in this urban comedy. Angela (Kellita Smith) is a successful hairdresser who operates her own salon based in Los Angeles. One day, Angela gets an unexpected visit from her sister Peaches (Mo'Nique), who runs a beauty shop of her own in Baltimore. The family reunion turns out to not be as happy as Angela may have hoped -- Peaches is trying to stay a step ahead of IRS agents who want to collect 50,000 dollars in back taxes, while also avoiding Marcella (Gina Torres), a fellow hair stylist who wants to take over Peaches' shop. Despite their differences, Angela and Peaches join forces in hopes of finding a way to get the bill paid and take Marcella out of the picture.
- MPAA Rating: PG-13
- Genre(s): Comedy,Romance
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/15/2004
- DVD Release Date: 05/10/2005
- Distributor(s): Independent Artists
- Director(s): Leslie Small
- Starring: Mo'Nique , Kellita Smith , Gina Torres , David Ramsey , Taraji P. Henson
- Themes: Culture Clash,Success is the Best Revenge,Inheritance at Stake,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Affectionate,Goofy,Irreverent,Madcap,Talky
- Keywords: IRS (Internal Revenue Service),beauty-salon,competition,estrangement,hairdresser,reunion,rival,sister,taxes
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (10-15-2004)
- Language: English