Filmmaker Rob Zombie returns to Haddonfield for this Dimension Films sequel that finds the murderous psychopath Michael Myers (once again played by Tyler Mane) out on the loose again. The film picks up where the last one left off. Laurie Strode (Scout Taylor-Compton) survives an attack by her mental-patient brother, Michael Myers, whom she doesn't know is related to her. On the way to the morgue, the ambulance carrying Michael crashes and, miraculously, the killer survives and heads out into the countryside, his body never recovered by the authorities. In the meantime, the madman's doctor, Samuel Loomis (Malcolm McDowell), has turned into a media whore on the cusp of superstardom with the release of his exposé on the horrific happenings presented in the previous film. As time ticks down to Halloween night, Michael, now living in a barn and urged on by the spirit of his dead mother and his younger self, is driven to seek out his sister once again.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Horror
- Run Time: 101min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/28/2009
- DVD Release Date: 01/12/2010
- Distributor(s): Dimension Films
Sheri Moon Zombie
- Themes: Serial Killers,Haunted By the Past,Sibling Relationships
- Tone: Hallucinatory,Grim,Visceral,Gruesome,Lurid
killing-spree, maniac, post-traumatic-stress, psychiatry, sheriff, vision [mystical], writing
- Country of Origin: USA (08-28-2009)
- Language: English