Plot & Details
It was "The Night HE Came Home," warned the posters for John Carpenter's career-making horror smash. In Haddonfield, IL, on Halloween night 1963, six-year-old Michael Myers inexplicably slaughters his teenage sister. His psychiatrist Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) can't penetrate Michael's psyche after years of institutionalization, but he knows that, when Myers escapes before Halloween in 1978, there is going to be hell to pay in Haddonfield. While Loomis heads to Haddonfield to alert police, Myers spots bookish teenager Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) and follows her, constantly appearing and vanishing as Laurie and her looser friends Lynda (P.J. Soles) and Annie (Nancy Loomis) make their Halloween plans. By nightfall, the responsible Laurie is doing her own and Annie's babysitting jobs, while Annie and Lynda frolic in the parent-free house across the street. But Annie and Lynda are not answering the phone, and suspicious Laurie heads across the street to the darkened house to see what is going on....
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 93min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 10/25/1978
- DVD Release Date: 11/12/1997
- Status: In Theaters
- Director(s): John Carpenter
- Starring: Donald Pleasence , Jamie Lee Curtis , Nancy Loomis , P.J. Soles , Charles Cyphers
- Themes: High School Life,Serial Killers,Woman In Jeopardy,Doctors and Patients
- Tone: Creepy,Deliberate,Disturbing,Lurid,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: stalking, Autumn, Halloween, babysitter, homicidal-maniac, killing-spree, knife, mask [disguise], mental-patient (escaped), psychiatrist, sister, teenagers
- Language: English