Plot & Details
Two couples discover how hard it is to set boundaries in an open relationship in this drama from writer and director Antony Cordier. Vincent (Nicolas Duvauchelle) is a web designer who is hired to create a new Internet presence for Rachel (Marina Fois), who sells jewelry and wants to promote her business. While Vincent and Rachel talk business at first, they find they're immediately attracted to one another, and when they set up a dinner so they can meet their respective spouses -- Teri (Elodie Bouchez), who before marrying Vincent was a champion gymnast, and Franck (Roschdy Zem), an interior designer specializing in feng shui -- Teri and Franck discover they feel passion for one another as well. The two couples quickly begin swapping partners, and at first everyone is happy with the new arrangement, but before long the couples feel they need to establish ground rules for their marital and extramarital partnerships. Codifying their relationships, however, unexpectedly brings jealousy and possessive feelings into the picture for the first time. Four Lovers (aka Happy Few) was an official selection at the 2010 BFI London Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Romance
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/06/2011
- DVD Release Date: 06/19/2012
- Director(s): Antony Cordier
- Starring: Marina Fois , Roschdy Zem , Élodie Bouchez , Nicolas Duvauchelle
- Themes: Self-Destructive Romance,Forbidden Love,Romantic Misunderstandings
- Tone: Confrontational,Sexual
- Keywords: Parisian, gymnastics, jeweler, open-relationship, sexual-attraction, web-design
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (03-30-2012)
- Language: French