Plot & Details
An aspiring opera singer from Harlem teams up with a charismatic busker and a kindhearted hustler to share his voice with the world, and teaches his two newfound friends the importance of taking your destiny into your own hands. Anton (Gabriel Casseus) lives in Harlem with his aunt. He dreams of moving to Italy and becoming a famous opera singer, and though he's been blessed with a magnificent singing voice, his passion has made him an outsider in his neighborhood. Running away from home, Anton meets passionate street pianist Matthew (Christian Carmago) and together the two begin drawing large, appreciate crowds on the street. Working the crowd as they do their thing is Wes (Damon Wayans), whose natural charm always gets the cash flowing. And while life on the streets is never easy, Anton, Matthew, and Wes soon discover that by following their dreams, they may find a means of transforming their lives forever.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/05/2010
- DVD Release Date: 04/06/2010
- Director(s): William Jennings
- Starring: Gabriel Casseus , Christian Camargo , Damon Wayans , Paul Sorvino
- Themes: Inner City Blues,Musician's Life
- Tone: Poignant,Inspiring
- Keywords: Black [race],hustler,inner-city,opera,singer,street,street-musician,voice [singing]
- Language: English