Plot & Details
Gene Wilder directed and wrote (along with Terence Marsh) this mild farce which is a pale reminder of Wilder's glory days in Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein. Wilder plays ham radio actor Larry Abbot, who takes his fiancee Vickie Pearle (Gilda Radner) out to meet his relations on a gloomy country estate before they are married. The creepy clan is lorded over by the bizarre Aunt Kate (Dom DeLuise), who keeps babbling about a local rampaging werewolf. As Larry and Vickie try to spend a quiet weekend in the mansion, they are assaulted with all manners of spooky goings-on -- the kind of routines that were already growing whiskers when Abbott and Costello first dusted them off over fifty years ago.
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 07/25/1986
- DVD Release Date: 08/28/2001
- Distributor(s): Orion
- Director(s): Gene Wilder
- Starring: Gene Wilder , Gilda Radner , Dom DeLuise , Jonathan Pryce , Paul L. Smith
- Themes: Eccentric Families
- Tone: Creepy,Humorous,Silly
- Keywords: fortune [wealth], haunted-house, inheritance, marriage, radio, family, honeymoon, killing, stalking, weapons
- Country of Origin: USA (07-25-1986)
- Language: English