Plot & Details
This bittersweet romantic comedy tosses a few screwball comedics into the path to true love. Impoverished, would-be novelist Lee Plenty (Christopher Scott Cherot) lives off his pals while hoping to score big some day soon. Then wealthy, beautiful Havilland Savage (Chenoa Maxwell) invites him to Washington, D.C., for a quiet New Year's Eve party at her affluent family's home -- where Lee becomes the focus of attention from every woman on the premises. Hav's grandmother (Betty Vaughn), however, foresees that Hav and Lee were destined for each other. Shown at the 1997 Toronto Film Festival.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 92min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 06/19/1998
- DVD Release Date: 02/12/2002
- Distributor(s): Paramount
- Director(s): Christopher Scott Cherot
- Starring: Chenoa Maxwell , Christopher Scott Cherot , Hill Harper , Tammi Katherine Jones , Betty Vaughn
- Themes: Class Differences,Opposites Attract,Writer's Life
- Tone: Bittersweet,Easygoing,Talky,Wry
- Keywords: grandmother, love, matchmaker, party, poverty, romance, writing
- Country of Origin: USA (06-19-1998)
- Language: English