Plot & Details
Hell Bent for Leather is a standard western that features Audie Murphy in the role of Clay, a cowboy hunted by a posse out for blood. Clay deals and trade in horses in an honest way, and he does not suspect that a crooked U.S. Marshal (Stephen McNally) interested in furthering his career, is determined to nab him as a killer though he knows full well Clay is innocent. When first attacked, Clay grabs a hostage (Felicia Farr) who eventually sides with him and helps him in the long chase that follows. Clay's challenge is not only to get away from the Marshal and his posse but to somehow prove his innocence as well. Murphy, the most decorated soldier in World War II was still riding the popularity of his own real-life story in 1955's To Hell and Back when this western was released.
- Genre(s): Action,Westerns
- Run Time: 82min.
- Distributor(s): Universal
- Director(s): George Sherman
- Starring: Audie Murphy , Felicia Farr , Horace McNally , Robert Middleton , Rad Fulton
- Keywords: capture, cowboy, credit, kidnapping, killing, marshal, plans, posse, sheriff, stranger, town, trader, bad-guy, false-accusation, good-guy, horse-trader, innocence, murder, on-the-run, pursuit