Plot & Details
In this broadly satirical TV biopic, Shirley MacLaine pulls out all the stops as legendary cosmetics queen Mary Kay Ash. In Citizen Kane fashion, Mary Kay relates her rise to the top of the home-beauty industry to an inquiring reporter (Rachel Crawford), never allowing an opportunity pass to emphasize how many doors she has opened for the working women of America. Ultimately, however, Mary Kay's predominance is threatened by a much younger (and shriller) rival, Jinger Heath (Parker Posey), whose BeautiControl company takes an enormous bite out of Mary Kay's share of the market. Caught in the middle is a slightly off-center beauty named Lexi Wilcox (Shannen Doherty). Hell on Heels: The Battle of Mary Kay originally aired on October 6, 2002.
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 97min.
- DVD Release Date: 08/04/2009
- Director(s): Ed Gernon
- Starring: Shirley MacLaine , Parker Posey , Shannen Doherty , R.H. Thomson , Barry Flatman
- Themes: Fashion World,Golden Years,Work Ethics,Office Politics,Ladder to the Top,Success is the Best Revenge,Rise To Power
- Tone: Biting,Irreverent,Quirky,Sweeping,Decadent
- Keywords: America,beauty [physical],business,business-rivalry,cosmetics,woman
- Language: English
|Year||Award||Category||Cast & Crew||Result|
|2002||Hollywood Foreign Press Association||Best Performance by an Actress in a Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Shirley MacLaine||Nominated|
|2002||Hollywood Foreign Press Association||Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Parker Posey||Nominated|