Plot & Details
After focusing on the sport of hockey in his award-winning 2000 documentary Home Game, German filmmaker Pepe Danquart turns his lens on the Tour de France in this film that explores the effects of suffering and loss on those who devote their entire existence to winning the world's most famous bike race. For the men who partake in this grueling ride, physical suffering is par for the course as they push their bodies to the breaking point and beyond in hopes of gaining both the fame and fortune that comes with being a winner. Despite their unyielding dedication, however, success in the race is never guaranteed. For these individuals who dream of being the first to cross the finish line, the endless hours of physical and mental preparation can either make or break them when the starting horn sounds and the true race begins.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest,Sports
- Run Time: 123min.
- DVD Release Date: 11/22/2005
- Distributor(s): Media Luna Entertainment
- Director(s): Pepe Danquart, Werner Schweizer
- Starring: Lance Armstrong , Erik Zabel , Jan Ullrich , Rolf Aldag , Andreas Kloden
- Themes: Obsessive Quests
- Tone: Gritty,Intimate,Rousing,Stirring,Earthy
- Keywords: France, athlete, behind-the-scenes, bicycle-racing, dedication, dreams-of-success, fear, joy, pain, race [competition]
- Language: German