Plot & Details
In their second feature with director Richard Lester, who oversaw the massive hit A Hard Day's Night, the Beatles again aim for a mix of goofy comedy and sterling pop music. There is slightly more of a plot this time, though it is a patently ridiculous one: a sacred ruby ring comes into Ringo's possession, attracting the unwelcome attention of an exotic religious cult and forcing the boys to go on the run. This chase narrative is thankfully never taken too seriously, serving mainly as an excuse for colorful excursions to international locations from Europe to the Bahamas. The musical numbers include such classic tunes as "Ticket to Ride," "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away," and, of course, "Help!".
- MPAA Rating: G
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 90min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 09/12/2004
- DVD Release Date: 11/12/1997
- Distributor(s): United Artists
- Director(s): Richard Lester
- Starring: The Beatles , Leo McKern
- Themes: Religious Zealotry,Fish Out of Water
- Tone: Affectionate,Campy,Irreverent,Madcap,Merry,Rousing
- Keywords: kidnapping, ring [jewelry], sacrifice, cult, music, performer, rock-band, world-domination
- Language: English