Plot & Details
A man has a near-death experience and awakens to find himself spiritually attached to another who went through a similar experience in this horror movie. The story is based on a Dean Koontz novel. Hatch Harrison, an antique dealer, finds himself in an extraordinary position following the car wreck in which he was broad-sided by a semi-truck. Although his wife and teenage daughter survive, Hatch was actually dead for two hours before innovative resuscitator Dr. Jonas Nybern was able to bring him back. Hatch tries to resume his normal life, but encounters difficulty when he begins having horrific hallucinations. It turns out that the "visions" are really the experiences of Vassago, a Satanist who ritually kills people. Somehow he and the killer are connected. Vassago, too can experience events in Hatch's life; he begins to threaten Hatch by telling him he will use his daughter for a virgin sacrifice. The two men must battle it out spiritually.
- MPAA Rating: R
- Genre(s): Horror
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 03/03/1995
- DVD Release Date: 10/03/2000
- Director(s): Brett Leonard, Bill Mizel
- Starring: Jeff Goldblum , Christine Lahti , Alicia Silverstone , Jeremy Sisto , Alfred Molina
- Themes: Serial Killers,Woman In Jeopardy,Devil Worship,Criminal's Revenge
- Tone: Confrontational,Creepy,Grim,Menacing,Tense
- Keywords: accident,antique-dealer,car,death,good-vs-evil,killing,reincarnation,serial-killer,supernatural-powers,vision [eyesight]
- Language: English