Plot & Details
When Nirvana burst onto the scene in 1991, the music they played spoke directly to an angry and disenfranchised generation. As grunge took over MTV and radio, the music industry was transformed overnight. But just three years later, the drug-related deaths of several musicians, capped by the suicide of Kurt Cobain, closed the books on an all too brief era. Hit So Hard follows the rise to fame (and the near-fatal fall from it) of Patty Schemel, drummer for Courtney Love's seminal rock band, Hole. Given a Hi-8 video camera just before Hole's infamous Live Through This world tour, Patty captured stunningly intimate footage of the scene that has never been seen... until now. Not just an all-access backstage pass to the music that shaped a generation, Hit So Hard is a harrowing tale of overnight success, the cost of addiction, and ultimately, recovery and redemption.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Special Interest
- Run Time: 103min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 04/13/2012
- DVD Release Date: 06/05/2012
- Distributor(s): Variance Films
- Director(s): P. David Ebersole
- Starring: Patty Schemel , Courtney Love , Melissa Auf Der Maur , Eric Erlandson , Kurt Cobain
- Themes: Drug Addiction,Musician's Life
- Keywords: alternative-rock, band [music group], drummer
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (04-13-2012)
- Language: English