Plot & Details
Adolf Hitler did not have children, but what about the families of Goering, Himmler and Frank, to name a few? What is it like for the descendants of these top Nazi officials to deal with the terrifying legacy of their notorious families? Hitler's Children introduces us to sons, daughters, grandchildren, nieces and nephews of these infamous men. Niklas Frank, son of Hans Frank and godson of Hitler, despises his father so much that he has spent his entire adult life researching, writing and lecturing vehemently against him and the Nazi regime. Bettina Goering, the grandniece of Hitler's second in command, Hermann Goering, lives in voluntary exile in Santa Fe, and together with her brother decided to get sterilized so as to end the Goering name and bloodline. These, and many others, discuss how they have coped with the fact that their last name alone immediately raises images of murder and genocide; each baring, for the first time, the scars that their legacy has left them.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Documentary,Epic and Historical,Special Interest
- Run Time: 80min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/16/2012
- DVD Release Date: 04/02/2013
- Distributor(s): Film Movement
- Director(s): Chanoch Ze'evi
- Starring: Monika Hertwig
- Themes: Crimes Against Humanity
- Keywords: Germany, Nazi, Third-Reich, ancestry, family, legacy, shame
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-16-2012)
- Language: German,Hebrew,English