Plot & Details
Hoodwink is based on the true story of an Australian con artist who briefly won the hearts of the media (if not the authorities). John Hargreaves stars as a criminal serving time in a New South Wales prison. He's not partial to the physical labor required of the convicts, so he hits upon a labor-saving plan. Hargreaves pretends to be totally blind, thus lightening his work load....and carries off the hoax for years. Hoodwink is likely to get some cable-TV play in the near future thanks to the presence in the cast of the young Judy Davis.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 99min.
- Director(s): Claude Whatham
- Starring: John Hargreaves , Judy Davis , Dennis Miller , Les Foxcroft , Wendy Strehlow
- Themes: Prison Life,Cons and Scams
- Tone: Affectionate,Humorous,Wry
- Keywords: Australia,blindness [physical],convict,hoax,prison
- Language: English