Plot & Details
George Baxt scripted this extraordinarily good chiller from a story by Milton Subotsky, who also co-produced. A college student (Venetia Stevenson) with an interest in witchcraft goes to the Massachusetts town of Whitewood. It's a foggy, spooky town which gets even scarier when Stevenson discovers that the owner of the Raven's Inn, Mrs. Newlis (Patricia Jessel) is in fact a 268-year old witch. Jessel sold her soul to the Devil to regain her life after being burned at the stake. The whole town is her coven, including Stevenson's kindly history professor (Christopher Lee). Stevenson's boyfriend and brother arrive to look for her and discover human sacrifices and all sorts of evil goings-on. One of the few horror films of the period which still has the power to frighten, Horror Hotel is required viewing for genre fans.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Horror,Thriller
- Run Time: 76min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/21/2005
- DVD Release Date: 08/12/1998
- Director(s): John Llewellyn Moxey
- Themes: Deal With the Devil,Witches,Devil Worship
- Tone: Atmospheric,Creepy,Eerie,Menacing,Nocturnal
- Keywords: Satan, New-England, college-student, coven, fog, hotel, human-sacrifice, witchcraft
- Language: English