Plot & Details
Grover Reindorf (Kyle Howard) is a kid with a problem, which is how to keep his parents from divorcing. He hits on a solution that makes sense to him. Why not lock them up in the basement, and keep them there until they reconcile? He and his younger sister Stacey (Amy Sakasitz) agree to do just that, and they successfully lure their parents into the basement and lock them in. When their junior-high-school friends find out what they've done, they decide that their own misbehaving parents need exactly the same treatment. One after another, all are tricked into entering into the Reindorf's basement. Meanwhile, upstairs, the youngsters have a very mild good time, as they can't even bring themselves to swallow the champagne they try.
- MPAA Rating: PG
- Genre(s): Comedy
- Run Time: 108min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 08/14/1996
- DVD Release Date: 04/02/2002
- Director(s): Harry Winer
- Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis , Kevin Pollak , Jennifer Tilly , Christopher McDonald , Sheila McCarthy
- Themes: Authority Figures [k],Crumbling Marriages,Mischievous Children
- Tone: Easygoing,Light,Silly,Whimsical
- Keywords: basement,divorce,dysfunctional,imprisonment,parent,son
- Language: English