Plot & Details
This Irish comedy focuses on a woman named Ellie, who despite her family reputation as the wild free spirit, is left in charge of her sister Kate's retirement home when Kate is called home to care for their ailing mother. Ellie already has an aversion to responsibility, and she's definitely not prepared for the downright rude "hardcore" residents at Woodlands rest home. Strangely enough, however, Ellie and the people in her care begin to learn from each other, and her unexpected journey doesn't seem like such a terrible burden after all.
- MPAA Rating: Not Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Drama
- Run Time: 100min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 11/14/2008
- DVD Release Date: 04/21/2009
- Distributor(s): Strand
- Director(s): Anthony Byrne
- Starring: Vanessa Redgrave , Imelda Staunton , Brenda Fricker , Hayley Atwell , Orla Brady
- Themes: Sibling Relationships,Journey of Self-Discovery,Unlikely Friendships,Golden Years
- Tone: Poignant,Sweet
- Keywords: free-spirit, retirement-home
- Country of Origin: USA - Limited (11-14-2008)
- Language: English