Plot & Details
In this elegant "caper" film, Audrey Hepburn stars as the daughter of a wealthy Parisian (Hugh Griffith), whose hobby is copying famous works of art. His replica of a famed Cellini sculpture is inadvertently displayed in an art museum, and he begins to worry that he'll lose his reputation once the experts evaluate the statuette. Audrey decides to rob the museum, and hires a burglar (Peter O'Toole) for that purpose. But the burglar is really a detective, who has every intention of arresting Audrey and her father when the deed is done. All style and little substance, How to Steal a Million is consummately acted by the stars, but the film is stolen hands-down by a "double take" reaction from French comic actor Moustache. The film was originally titled How to Steal a Million Dollars and Live Happily Ever After, which gave the whole game away and thus was pared down before release.
- MPAA Rating: Not Yet Rated
- Genre(s): Comedy,Crime and Mystery,Thriller
- Run Time: 127min.
- Theatrical Release Date: 01/25/2002
- DVD Release Date: 12/07/2004
- Distributor(s): 20th Century Fox
- Director(s): William Wyler
- Starring: Audrey Hepburn , Peter O'Toole , Eli Wallach , Hugh Griffith , Charles Boyer
- Themes: Unlikely Criminals,Cons and Scams,Art Theft
- Tone: Bright,Easygoing,Humorous,Talky,Witty
- Keywords: daughter, detective, father, investigator, museum, sculpture, art-theft, forgery, security-system