Plot & Details
Director Robert Aldrich (The Longest Yard) re-unites with Burt Reynolds for this hard-edged neo-noir. Lieutenant Phil Gaines (Reynolds) is a cynical Los Angeles police detective amorously involved with an icewater-veined Parisian call girl, Nicole Britton (Catherine Deneuve). On the job, he begins to investigate the shady death of a teenage girl that appears to lead straight to Leo Sellers (Eddie Albert), an attorney with a frightening number of connections. The problem is, Nicole herself has a direct connection to the case - Leo is one of her clients. Meanwhile, Marty Hollinger (Ben Johnson), the victim's father, decides to undertake a grassroots investigation of his own - little realizing that his seemingly murdered daughter was in up to her neck with prostitution, porno movie acting, and dancing as a stripper, facts which suggest that she may have offed herself.
- Genre(s): Crime and Mystery,Drama,Thriller
- Run Time: 120min.
- DVD Release Date: 06/21/2005
- Director(s): Robert Aldrich
- Starring: Burt Reynolds , Catherine Deneuve , Ben Johnson , Paul Winfield , Eileen Brennan
- Themes: Prostitutes,Dangerous Attraction,Murder Investigations
- Tone: Cynical,Gritty
- Keywords: lawyer, conspiracy, cover-up, father, girl, investigation, police-detective, prostitute/prostitution, suicide
- Language: English